There are many rituals associated with marriage but it can be equally important to develop a divorce ritual after your divorce becomes final. This ceremony marks a new positive chapter in your life and closes the chapter you have left behind. This ceremony focuses on your strengths, your hopes for the future, it acknowledges the sadness and hurt you are leaving behind but celebrates the journey you are about to undertake. Jon can create a ceremony for either of you, or both, if you are still close and it is something you both desire.
Symbolic elements could include the Unity Candle but done in reverse, Jon can light a Unity Candle and let you both light your own from the flame, that signified your marriage, ask you both to blow out the Unity Candle together, leaving just your own alight, signifying the end of the marriage. You can consider remoulding your wedding rings into something new and invite someone significant to present the item to you during the ceremony. Your married name may no longer be a true reflection of yourself, a naming ceremony could give you the opportunity to formally declare your new chosen name.
Jon will create a ceremony to acknowledge that you are released from your past lives, to acknowledge your freedom from the marriage and to move forward. To live in harmony with respect for each other, particularly if there are children within the marriage.
“To the person who promised to make my dreams come true. My dream ends today. I'm leaving still loving you, instead of staying and hating you.” – Raine
What happens next?
- Contact him as below.
- Initial Face to Face/Skype/Facetime meeting to discuss the ceremony in depth.
- To secure your day it needs to be booked within 7 days of the initial meeting.
- He provides options for the ceremony. (Time/Location/Style/Content)
- Gives you access to a multitude of poems, vows and readings.
- Access to alternative ceremony ideas. (Unity Candles/Sand Ceremony/Time Capsules etc.)
- Produces a professionally crafted ceremony script.
- Provides regular reviews and revisions.
- Regular email, telephone or Skype/Facetime support.
- Allows further script editing up to a week before the ceremony.
- Ensures a professional delivery of the ceremony.
- Shares with you your own personal copy of the script.
- Provides a commemorative Eternal Ceremonies Naming Certificate as a lasting keepsake.
Note: If additional expenses arise, they will be charged only with your agreement. Further information can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to give Jon a call.
Kind Words About Eternal Ceremonies
"Jon did an amazing job of helping us plan the perfect wedding. Right from the initial consultation, through to the tiniest of details on the day itself Jon really payed attention to what we'd asked for and went out of his way to help us create something truly unique to us. Our family, friends and loved ones all had such a fantastic time and everyone commented on what an amazing ceremony it was. Everything was just so 'us'.
Thank you so much Jon for making our big day one that will be remembered forever!"
Antony & Cheryl, Leeds
READ MORE TESTIMONIALS
Latest News & Articles
Hello all, I spend a lot of time looking out of my window and watching the world go by… especially now my old man has fixed the fence and I can’t escape from the back garden… Apart from looki...