Coming of Age
A coming of age ceremony marks the transition from one phase of life to another and take place throughout the world. The Jewish community have Bat and Bar Mitzvahs, Swazi and Zulu cultures entering womanhood is celebrated by the Umhlanga (ceremony), Native American’s have the Vision Quest and the Amish have Rumspringa.
The ceremony can be symbolic of the journey of transition from child to adult, be that for someone who is 11, 16, or 18. It can include pledges and promises of support from parents, friends and family, promising to continue guidance as they forge into the times ahead. This is a wonderful opportunity for the parents to reinforce their trust in the young person and for them to reaffirm their respect for the parents. It can be a celebration of the moments that have passed, special times to be cherished but also an acknowledgement of permission to spread their wings and mature into adults.
Whatever your faith, your beliefs, Jon will create a ceremony that is true to you and your family, it can contain special symbolic elements, such as memory stones or a time capsule to be opened by you all on a future date of significance, a wedding or the birth of a child. You can place letters in a box written by parents, siblings, grandparents and friends, again to be opened on a special occasion.
If you want Jon to create this ceremony for you or you would just like some further information, just give him a call.
“You are nearly grown now my love, into a man so straight and true; But all I have is all my love and this I give to you” – Alma Harris (my mum)
What happens next?
- Contact him as below.
- Initial Face to Face/Skype/Facetime meeting to discuss the ceremony in depth.
- To secure your day it needs to be booked within 7 days of the initial meeting.
- He provides options for the ceremony. (Time/Location/Style/Content)
- Gives you access to a multitude of poems, vows and readings.
- Access to alternative ceremony ideas. (Unity Candles/Sand Ceremony/Time Capsules etc.)
- Produces a professionally crafted ceremony script.
- Provides regular reviews and revisions.
- Regular email, telephone or Skype/Facetime support.
- Allows further script editing up to a week before the ceremony.
- Ensures a professional delivery of the ceremony.
- Shares with you your own personal copy of the script.
- Provides a commemorative Eternal Ceremonies Naming Certificate as a lasting keepsake.
Note: If additional expenses arise, they will be charged only with your agreement. Further information can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to give Jon a call.
Kind Words About Eternal Ceremonies
"Jon did an amazing job of helping us plan the perfect wedding. Right from the initial consultation, through to the tiniest of details on the day itself Jon really payed attention to what we'd asked for and went out of his way to help us create something truly unique to us. Our family, friends and loved ones all had such a fantastic time and everyone commented on what an amazing ceremony it was. Everything was just so 'us'.
Thank you so much Jon for making our big day one that will be remembered forever!"
Antony & Cheryl, Leeds
READ MORE TESTIMONIALS
Latest News & Articles
Hello all, I spend a lot of time looking out of my window and watching the world go by… especially now my old man has fixed the fence and I can’t escape from the back garden… Apart from looki...